Back Glass Replacement Services
Glass damage like chips and cracks don’t just happen to your front windshield. Road debris, weather-related incidents, and auto accidents can also affect your car’s back glass / rear windshield and cause considerable damage. Because the back glass is manufactured differently than front windshields, repairs aren’t typically an option due to safety standards.
Back Glass Repair in San Diego, CA
One might believe that only front windscreens are prone to cracks and chips. However, rear glass windshields can sustain significant damage as a result of weather-related incidents, flying debris, and car accidents. These chips and cracks are not only unsightly but also dangerous because your car’s windshields are responsible for their integrity in the event of a collision.
It is critical to keep your rear windshield clear of frost and clean, as well as free of dangerous chips and cracks. This is required for good navigation as well as being safe and comfortable while riding.
Why You Need Auto Glass Specialists for Emergency Rear Window Shield Repair Services
Any damage to your vehicle’s windshield should be treated as an emergency, requiring same-day repair services because:
- The damage worsens. A single chip or crack in the windscreen can worsen when driving on a bumpy road. Any additional impact, such as rattling, can cause a small chip to grow into a large, irreparable crack. Weather conditions such as hailstones, temperature fluctuations, and even extremely loud music can exacerbate the damage to the windshield.
- There is decreased visibility. Because visibility is so important while driving, cracks, and chips in a windshield can enter the driver’s line of sight, creating a safety hazard due to obstructed visibility.
- Compromised safety. The greatest hazard to a driver’s, and passenger’s safety is cracked or broken glass, whether on a windshield or a window.
- Decreased vehicle market value. Selling your vehicle with a cracked windshield will be challenging, as no one will pay for a partially damaged car. You would have to quote a lower price than the vehicle’s worth.
Back Windshield Glass Replacement Services You Can Rely On
At Auto Glass Specialists, we try to repair any spider webs and cracked glass on your existing rear windscreen before replacing it with a brand-new one. However, the size, position, and damage of the back glass windscreen can sometimes render it irreparable.
But don’t worry, our expert technicians are fully trained and experienced in replacing back glass. When installing a replacement back glass windshield, we use glass that matches the original’s specifications and is just as good.
Our Rear Glass Replacement Process
Our team of dedicated expert technicians handles back-rear window replacement the same way as front windshield replacements.
1. We will carefully detach the damaged back glass on-site and in the shop, remove any debris, and clean the opening. We will do everything possible to remove all shattered glass from the vehicle, including cleaning the interior. Following that, we will remove all of the glue and seals that keep the rear windscreen in place.
2. Apply an adhesive that is Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved, to the rear windscreen opening. Then a special bonding glue; to ensure a proper strong fit is achieved.
3. Following the AGSC procedure, place the new rear glass into the opening. At this point, we request that you observe the drive-away time recommended; to allow the adhesive to dry for safe driving.
The back windshield replacement cost will depend on the model and make of your vehicle and whether there is a rear window defroster, or not. Some insurance policies, however, can cover most or all of the necessary back glass replacement costs.
Why Choose Us
Certified Glass Technicians
All our technicians are certified glass experts with a combined experience of over a hundred years.
Free Diagnostic Inspection and Estimate
Feel free to call us and speak to one of our expert technicians to get a free estimate.
When we do a back glass repair service, we complete it on the same day, in a timely manner to get your vehicle back on the road in no time.
Door Step Services
Needing a back windshield repair or windshield replacement and stuck at work or unable to drive? No need to worry because the friendly and professional back glass repair experts at Auto Glass Specialists are also mobile and can come right to your doorstep.
Auto Glass Specialists technicians only use the highest quality products and equipment to perform all back glass repair services.
We observe strict measures while performing back glass repair and windshield replacement; by using appropriate safety gear and recommended protocol. This is because we want to avoid accidental damage to your vehicle as much as possible.
Auto Glass Specialists have been in the glass repair and windshield replacement business in San Diego for over 20 years. Check out what our customers say in social media reviews.
Best and Friendliest Prices in San Diego
We can fix your auto glass on the same day with some of the friendliest prices in town.
We have a 12-month hassle-free warranty once you get your back glass windshield repairs done by us.
Back Glass Windshield Replacements Near You
We recommend you have your VIN ready so we can provide the most accurate price for you. We serve all customers throughout San Diego. The areas we serve include:
- San Diego Beach area.
- Central San Diego.
- North Central Diego.
Our additional auto glass services include:
- Windshield chip and trim repair
- Full glass replacement
- Door and window glass repair
- Window regulator repair
- Window motor replacement
- ADAS windshield calibration
Trust Us to Fix your Back Glass Windshield in San Diego Today
Auto Glass Specialists are San Diego experts in auto glass replacement and repair services who have been in the auto glass business for over 20 years. We also have a large factory glass inventory that produces top-quality auto glass. You can trust us to give you fast service in repairing and replacing your back glass windscreen and get your vehicle looking like new again!
For more information on back glass repair in San Diego, CA, and to request a quote or schedule an appointment, you can visit us at 9177 Chesapeake Drive, San Diego, CA, 92123. You can also call us at 888-627-1770.
Back Glass Windshield Replacement by Experts You Can Trust
You can rest easy knowing that our highly-trained auto glass technicians will handle your back glass / rear windshield replacement with the same expertise and top-quality materials as all of our window repair services. Whether you’re visiting us in-shop or we’re meeting you on location, our friendly and professional team will have you back on the road in no time. Simply provide your information via our contact form online or call us today at 888-627-1770 to schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Back Glass Replacement Services Near You
Because the cost of replacing your rear windshield can vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle and any technical elements like rear windshield defrosters we recommend having your VIN number ready so our team can provide the most accurate pricing. We’re ready to assist customers throughout the San Diego area, including…